blankhomeaboutthe fammy faithwhats cookinget crafty

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Origami Envelope

Sooooooo, confession,  I do not like buying cards....for anything. Cards seem to me, overpriced pieces of paper that for some reason we have to attach to presents. I would much rather just apply a tag to a package simply stating who the gift is from. 
Thats when I thought of making a cute little origami envelope to attach to a present, with either a cute little handwritten note or a tag stating who it is from, inside. Simple, easy and can be done with anything from scrapbook paper to your ordinary binder paper...anything you have lying around!
Heres how you make them...
You start with a square piece of paper.
Fold it into a triangle
Fold the top corner of the first layer down to the bottom fold.
Fold your right corner about 1/3 of the way over, doing the same with the other side.
Fold the exposed corner over to the opposite corner.
Now fold the point up to the top corner. This is just a crease we are making in the paper in order to guide us through the next step.
Open up your pocket you have created and push it in onto itself.
Now fold your very top point down to your bottom edge, and stick the corner into the pocket you made.
At this point before you completely seal your envelope you can insert a little note.
I attached the letter of the first name of the individual I was giving it to.
Voila, envelope!
Untitled_zpsf419afba

3 comments:

  1. I thought I was the only one who felt that way about cards! good solution. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a sweet and awesome idea.!.!.!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You’ve got some interesting points in this article. I would have never considered any of these if I didn’t come across this. Thanks!. origami heart

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips