blankhomeaboutthe fammy faithwhats cookinget crafty

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pineapple, Banana & Coconut Popsicles

I don't know about where you reside but where I'm living its forecasted to be 100 degrees or above all week...deep sigh. For a pregnant mommy, the heat is one of my worst nightmares. Sweating and swelling are not a good combo on me. Which unfortunately means for my little guy that we are spending a limited amount of time outside these days. But when we are outside I try and keep him cool and hydrated with the hose, his water bottle and lots of yummy fruit with high water content. Some days though I like to let him indulge just a bit...or at least let him think he is indulging. 
Thats why I started making homemade popsicles. That way I can give E a little something sweet that I can feel good about. Fresh ingredients and no sugar added...you cant beat or feel guilty about eating or serving that! Using ripe pineapple and bananas will offer the popsicles the perfect amount of sweet without your family knowing that you didn't load them up with added sugars. 
These popsicles are super yummy and crazy easy to make. I had them whipped up and in the freezer in under 5 minutes. I used coconut milk to thin out my pureed fruit and then added shredded coconut for a little texture. They took no time to freeze up and no time to eat!! 

Pineapple, Banana & Coconut Popsicles

Ingredients:
2 Cups fresh pineapple
1 ripe banana
3 tablespoons shredded coconut
3 tablespoons coconut milk

Directions:
Place all ingredients into a blender and mix until everything is well incorporated. 


Transfer mixture into popsicle molds and let freeze. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips